Monday, October 20, 2008

Going Green is Chic and Stylish!



















As many of you know, I love the latest trend of eco-friendly weddings, also commonly called green weddings. I was thrilled when Gloria and Richard came to me for wedding coordination and decor assistance, especially when they told me the wedding was going to be extremely earthy and eco-friendly.

Gloria actually designed and created her own wedding gown as well as her maid of honor's dress and the groom and groomsmen ties. I told her she should be on project runway and this was definitely not the first time she's heard this.

All of Gloria's stationary was made from recycled material including her fabulous programs made from recycled paper and cardboard complete with little stickers on the back reminding the guests to "please recycle".

Her personal flowers were seasonal organic blooms and perfect for her outdoor gazebo ceremony. The centerpieces at the reception were potted florals with little signs indicating "take me".

The ceremony music was played by Richard's sister and brother in law who did a duet of the beautiful song, "We are Man and Wife", by Michelle Featherstone. There wasnt a dry eye in the house.

I am so honored to have taken part in Gloria and Richard's special day. Special thanks to Amber Sycz, an amazing up and coming photographer who took these spectacular shots.




















































































































































No comments:

About Me

My photo
I love everything about weddings, especially how different each one is. I love to create innovative and personal designs for my clients to make their weddings unique and fun with lots of "wow factor". As a previous bride myself I know first hand how stressful wedding planning can be and take pride in managing every detail of my clients special day so they can enjoy every minute.